Friday, July 26, 2013

GM Diet: Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup

Okay, so this is one of the most amazing soups I have ever made. Not that I've made a lot of 'em. :P

But STILL. Seriously.

I should start with an apology, because we were so excited that I didn't have time to take a picture of the soup. I only have one picture - the red peppers and tomatoes in the tin before roasting. I wish I had gotten a picture after I pulled them out of the oven - the slightly charred skins of the peppers were beautiful!

2 Red Peppers, de-seeded and roughly cut up
1 large Tomato, roughly chopped
1 tsp Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper


Toss everything into the baking dish, work the olive oil, salt and pepper into it, try and arrange as flat as possible. Pop into a 200 degrees C oven for around 20-25 minutes, constantly checking and turning so that every bit gets slightly charred.

Pop into a processor and blend away. I also threw in a chicken stock cube with some hot water, for some extra flavour. I think vegetable stock is more commonly used.

So simple, so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment