Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cooking in Den Haag: Potato Gnocchi with Broccoli, Mushrooms and Red Peppers

So I don't really know what Gnocchi is.. I found instant cook potato gnocchi in the super market and picked it up. I assume I can substitute it for any potato/pasta/carb part of a meal, so I decided to start basic and just cook it with vegetables and flavours I like :)

Pre-cooked Potato Gnocchi
Broccoli, cut into florets
Red Peppers, chopped 
Mushrooms, quartered
Garlic, chopped finely
Green Chillies, sliced
Oil to cook (preferably olive oil)


Cut and keep vegetables ready. Put gnochhi in salted boiling water - remove as soon as they float to the top and keep aside.


In a pan, heat the oil. Add garlic and green chillies and fry for a minute till oil is fragrant.


Add broccoli and mushrooms to the pan. Stir everything together till coated with fragrant oil and let it cook for a few minutes, till mushrooms and broccoli are tender but not soft.


Add the chopped red peppers...


... and the gnocchi to the pan...


Toss everything together and its done! The gnocchi really absorbs the flavour of garlic and green chillies, its great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment