Monday, November 19, 2012

I don't know how to cook Chickpeas.

Canned chickpeas. Apart from making hummus, I have no idea how to cook them. But I found myself with nothing in the kitchen except all this..

1 can Chickpeas
Bacon.. Ham.. (Or whatever this is called.. The kind of meat that goes into Carbonara)
Navy/White beans
Chives

Everything needed to be used. Everything had to be finished. So.. I put it all together.


No oil. Just put the ham/bacon/whatever that is into the pan, the fat that melts off is enough to cook everything.

Snip in a generous bunch of chives. It'll start smelling pretty great.


Drain the water from the can and toss in the chickpeas.


Sprinkle some red chilli powder. Skip salt - the meat is salty enough.


Add the navy beans (pre-cooked).


Toss everything around and plate, with almonds on top. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment