Sunday, May 13, 2012

Olive & Feta Bread

There's nothing more comforting than the smell of freshly baked bread in the house. I've always used a breadmaker that my Uncle gave me when I was 15, but that.. Broke :(

I have a love-hate relationship with bread. While I love to bake it, I love the different varieties of it, I don't actually eat much of it. 

Here is my Green Olive & Feta Bread recipe:

4 cups plain Flour
2 tbsps Olive Oil
1 cup warm Water
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Sugar
1 tbsp dry Yeast

About 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
1/4 - 1/2 cup sliced Green Olives






In a bowl, add the yeast to warm water and wait for about 5 minutes, till it bubbles. Slowly combine the flour, salt and sugar into the yeast, kneading and adding oil as necessary. When the dough combines into a smooth ball, add the feta and olives and knead well.
Arrange on a baking sheet (I used my extra-large cake tin, making sure the dough did not touch the sides). Decorate as you wish with extra olives. Bake in a hot oven - about 200 Celsius - till done. Cool on a wire rack so that the bottom does not go soggy.







No comments:

Post a Comment