Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bombay Chronicles: Breakfast at Cafe Mondegar

Address: Metro House, 5A, Shahid Bhagat Singh Road, Colaba, Mumbai

I went to Cafe Mondegar quite a few times, and I really loved it. Situated right at the beginning of Colaba Causeway, next to Regal Cinema, it was the most convenient place to grab a beer, good food and plan everything I wanted to do in that insane city. I took pictures only on the day we did Mondegar breakfast, so here they are:

 

(above) Mondy's Special - 2 eggs ordered as an Omelette, with bacon. Served with buttered toast, fries and juice.
(Sorry, we had already taken a bite before I could take the picture :P)


(above) Mondy's Special - 2 eggs, ordered scrambled, with pork sausages. Served with buttered toast, fries and juice.
The eggs were scrambled in the conventional English way, with milk, butter and kept fluffy, just the way I love it (I don't know how to make them this way and our hostel egg-wala won't understand.)


I loved it! If you're looking for a good breakfast option that doesn't break your bank (most brunches start at 1500), Mondy's is an excellent option. Breakfast is served till 11.30 am-12.00 noon, so you can sleep in and still make it in time. And unlike me, go ahead and order a beer with breakfast, and you'll have a kickass day :D

2 comments:

  1. hey for scrambled eggs to be fluffy...the same way it is in the picture....microwave is the best way to make it, as far as i have tried- my grandma taught me. Just break an egg into a small microwave safe bowl, lightly beat it with a little milk, salt and pepper, put in the microwave for 30-40 second full power, if not done then i think till about a minute i guess and it is plain awsomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot to mention.....butter on top obviously!! breakfast is incomplete without butter be it eggs and bread or a paratha! :P

    ReplyDelete